10 Tips To Reduce Muscle Pain Naturally
If you suffer from muscle or joint pain you know how much it will sometimes impact your life. From not being able to play active sports to missing out on family fun - the effects can be far-reaching as well as upsetting. So, its natural that we search for pain remedies.
Almost everyone is familiar with pain relief formulas. Over 30 billion over-the- counter tablets and also 70 million prescriptions are sold annually just in the USA. Known as 'Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory pills' (NSAIDs), a few commonly known names include Aspirin, Ibuprofin, Advil, along with Motrin as well as prescription products like Celebrex along with Vioxx. What most people might not know is that over 16,000 Americans die from NSAIDs a year as well as approximately 107,000 patients are hospitalized annually for NSAID related gastrointestinal complications.(1)
There is an alternative. Natural pain relief therapies can decrease inflammation as well as aid repair tissues. The following are some starting points for investigating natural solutions further:
1. Get 7 to 8 hours of sleep a night: During the deeper stages of sleep the human body produces growth hormone, which results in tissue healing and repair. Inadequate amounts of sleep contribute to pain. Natural sleep remedies that can assist you gain a deep along with restorative sleep are Melatonin, Hydroxy L- tryptophan (5-HTP), Calcium, Mangesium and colloidal gold. You will sometimes also listen to relaxing music - try searching on itunes for ocean sounds.
2.Take a green-lipped mussel oil supplement: If you suffer from pain, swelling or other symptoms commonly associated with arthritis, you may benefit from taking green-lipped mussel oil from New Zealand. In a clinical trial conducted at the Glasgow Homeopathic Hospital in Glasgow, UK, preparations of green-lipped mussel extract were shown to benefit 76 percent of rheumatoid arthritis patients and 70 percent of osteoarthritic patients (2) The omega-3s contained in green-lipped mussel oils (more potent than fish oils) cannot be manufactured by our body and decrease inflammation. The EPA and DHA essential fatty acids have been so effective that a few people have been able to discontinue their use of other medications altogether.
3. Take MSM, or "organic sulphur". It may lessen inflammation, pain, and stiffness due to arthritis, muscle, or back pain and assists to balance the blood chemistry in these conditions. MSM aids supply the sulfur amino acids needed for healing.
4. Massage a blend of essential oils of arnica, Calendula and St John's work toward the affected painful area. Applying essential oils directly on the area nourishes cells along with enables the body to metabolize waste along with heal injuries more quickly. Herb Pharm makes a a blend called "Trauma Oil" which is very effective. Essential oils will sometimes help relax tense muscles and improve circulation.
5. Eat a whole food, mineral rich diet with plenty of vegetables and also whole grains. Vegetable juices along with green chlorophyll-rich foods can benefit relieve muscle inflammations by promoting the elimination of toxins from the body. Cut back on the amount of meat containing large amounts of saturated fat, which impacts the effective functioning of the liver - possibly leading to inflammation and irritation. Animal fats also contain arachadonic acid which can stimulate inflammation.
6. Take Glucosamine sulfate: Glucosamine is a naturally occurring element in the body that plays a crucial role in the building and also healing of cartilage. Glucosamine will sometimes be efficient in treating and even delaying the progression of osteoarthritis. Some studies have hinted that glucosamine may be as effective as NSAIDs in treating joint conditions, while having fewer gastrointestinal side effects.
7. Magnetic therapy: Magnetic therapy is a safe method of applying magnetic fields to the body for therapeutic purposes. It benefits speed the healing process and also improve quality of sleep without any adverse side effects. A study from the University of Virginia showed that that a magnetic field of moderate strength could result in significant reduction of swelling when applied immediately after an inflammatory injury. Dilation of blood vessels is a major cause of swelling, and also it's thought that the magnets worked by limiting blood flow to the affected area. Individuals wearing magnetic jewelry have reported diminished muscle soreness as well as lessening of cramps. Try sleeping on a magnet mattress pad to aid ease the pain of muscle soreness or apply magnet straps to sore muscle or tendonitis areas.
8. Take Vitamin D: Researched conducted by the University of Minnesota found that 93% of all subjects with non-specific musculoskeletal pain were vitamin D deficient. Taking Vitamin D and CoQ10 could help alleviate muscle pain caused by cholesterol-lowering statin drugs. Vitamin D will sometimes also be synthesized naturally by the body upon exposure to sunlight.
9.Cayenne pepper:A teaspoon of cayenne shaken in 2 ounces of olive oil will sometimes be used as an ointment and rubbed directly in the direction of sore muscles. Cayenne contains capsaicin which eventually inhibits secretion of the neurotransmitter Substance P, that transmits pain to the brain, lessening muscle soreness, sprains as well as cramps.
10. Try an Epsom salt bath: The magnesium sulfate of Epsom Salt acts as a muscle relaxant, and by easing muscle pain it helps the body to eliminate harmful substances. Due to changes in agriculture in the past century, most Americans are deficient in Magnesium. Studies show increased magnesium levels from soaking in a bath enriched with Epsom salt! Magnesium and sulfate are both easily absorbed through the skin. Fill a bathtub with water as hot as you will sometimes stand. Add 2 cups of Epsom salts. The heat of the bath will increase circulation and also reduce inflammation. About Alchemy Radiant Health:?Alchemy Radiant Health offers services to aid people achieve premium physical performance, mental clarity, and also well-being through holistic wellness programs that promote radiant health as well as longevity. Our approach and philosophy is based on ancient Chinese nutrition combined with the latest developments in super-foods.
Sources Used in this article: (1) July 1998 issue of The American Journal of Medicine? None of the statements in this article have been approved by the FDA. Any products or services referred to are not intended to treat, diagnose, prevent or eliminate any disease or health condition.
Best Tips For Lower Back Pain Relief
One of the unfortunate consequences of the modern day work environment is that quite a few jobs require one to be seated in front of a desk for extremely long periods of time, for days on end, throughout much of the whole year. As you can very well imagine this environment puts the human body through an entirely different set of stress conditions from what it would normally go through in a more physical activity.
While it is true that sitting in an office all day is far less strenuous than biking up a hill or traversing a rough trail for example, there is also no disputing the fact that the somewhat sedentary nature of a desk job can significantly affect the human body in numerous ways. In fact some of the most common ailments that affect today's workforce all over the world may be attributed in large part to the "rigors" of sitting behind a desk in an air-conditioned office all day. Just what is so hard about that you will sometimes ask? Well, ask the a large number of millions of people all over the world who are currently seeking effective ways to beat lower back pain.
Back pain--particularly those having to do with the various muscles along with tendons in the lower back--is one of the most common ailments of people whose lives revolve around the office desk. Some of those who have only been working such desk oriented jobs for only a relatively short period of time can only just now beginning to feel the effects of that lower back pain creeping in, while countless several have been wrestling with this problem in one form or another for months or even years. Which is a shame really because if this condition is addressed early enough, there is a great possibility that an effective and also long lasting treatment will sometimes be found.
The Beat Lower Back Pain is an ebook that goes in the direction of depth about a large number of possible treatment methods and offers a way for long time back pain sufferers to finally attain the lasting relief that they have been long hoping for. The ebook claims to be able to provide an effective treatment for up to 98% of lower back sufferers the natural way, without having to deal with chemicals, surgery or physicians.
Because a great many cases of lower back pain will sometimes be attributed to the condition of the muscles that surround and support the spine, much of the ebook's methods are targeted towards the muscles that are either too weak or too tight or even those that are simply not able to get an adequate supply of blood.
So effective are the treatment methods outlined in the Beat Lower Back Pain ebook that even those who are afflicted with spinal mechanical conditions may be able to gain a great degree of comfort and also relief.
For the quite a few sufferers of lower back conditions the Beat Lower Back Pain ebook just can hold to key to finally achieving that pain free state that has previously been so hard to attain.
There are several different types of back pain, even though in any individual the precise pathology that gives rise to their chronic low back pain could not be easy to pin down. Owing to this, there are also several different low back pain treatment options.
Arthrits And Herbal Remedies
Medicine knows that arthritis is a problem that affects a great many people everywhere - causing redness, pain, stiffness as well as injury to joints as well as the numerous complex body parts surrounding it. Such damage can handicap life by making day-to-day business like brushing your teeth, taking a stroll, etc., seem more like a unenjoyable undertaking. There are a great a large number of drugs that patients will sometimes use to gain respite from the various manifestations usual to arthritis but the negative aspect is the fact that they have numerous consequences. Consequently today, arthritis herbal therapies are being provided to care for and also control arthritis. Herbal reliefs are comparatively healthier than nonprescription medications along with thus they are desirable to patients.
One usual form of arthritis is Rheumatism which may be qualified by agony, swelling, stiffness in the joints, especially during early on in the day. There are however, a few regular additions that will sometimes benefit in connection with this distinct variety like fish oil, vitamin E, turmeric and also many more. Often living with arthritis can become unendurable and challenging to bear. Although for a long time, medications were believed to be the single way to reduce the manifestations of arthritis, though no more is that the case. You should be aware that medicine can only render short-lived respite, although herbs might be in a position to remedy arthritis in the long term.
Herbs similar to Alfalfa, Feverfew, Ginger, Angelica etc., have been found to be efficient in containing arthritis and also providing respite. These herbs are able to help better your immune system and supply efficient relief from arthritis agony which means even sound people will sometimes use these medicines to avoid the occurrence of the condition.
There are also numerous other arthritis natural curatives that will sometimes help you with all forms of pain as well as stiffness. Employing herbs rather than over-the-counter medications, have various benefits - not only do they aid the control of arthritis, but also help the circulation of blood. Improved circulation might be one of the essential elements of lessening arthritic agony, but frequently sufferers are not comfortable with physical activity which may, in actual fact, worsen the circulation in your limbs but herbs will sometimes benefit correct that problem. In most cases, patients suffer no side-effects while utilizing arthritis herbal curatives, although from time to time individuals are hit by an allergy, and a few could experience gas, regular stools, diarrhea when ingesting these herbs. Nevertheless, most sufferers will sometimes make use of herbs without any problem, although to be on the safe side, I would advise you to confer with your physician before taking any herbal cure .
If your doctor feels your body will still be able to stand the herbs, then go ahead as well as use them. It is always advisable to go for arthritis herbal reliefs than other medicine. Normal curatives are a great deal safer, along with furnish similar results if not better. However for the best outcomes, you must team up herbal curatives to a particular life style although do not blank out implementing healthy eating habits, exercise on a regular basis, and ensure adequate rest to make arthritis a problem of the past. A good life style containing proper diet plan, physical exercise and rest, along with the right herbal heal s will sometimes help you lead a more energized and also healthy life, disallowing arthritis to develop within a hindrance in your journey. Enjoy a disease free regular life by living a se eliminate lifestyle.
Visit my website to find out more about the arthritis relief & prevention, as well as how to deal with arthritis.
Painful Knee Joints - What You Can Do About It
Do you have painful knee joints?
One cause of this painful issue is the onset of osteoarthritis. This knee condition occurs when there is a chronic degeneration of the knee bones articular cartilage. (OA is not only limited to the knees) Usually, people who are 45 years or older, but younger people may suffer from OA as well.
Symptoms & Causes of Knee Osteoarthritis
Knee osteoarthritis is characterized by a gradual deterioration of the articular cartilage. The articular cartilage loses elasticity, hardens and develops cracks, becoming more prone to aggravated damage through continued use or injury.
The bones in the knee joints will rub against each other and will not move smoothly once osteoarthritis sets in. This results in painful knee joints caused by the rubbing of bones over roughened cartilage. This aggravation also results in further irritation of the bone.
Continued deterioration will sometimes lead to the thickening of the end of the bones and also development of bone spurs. Unfortunately, under more severe conditions, small parts of cartilage may seperate from the bone along with remain floating around inside your knee joint. The lubricating and also cushioning property of the joint fluid can also be impaired.
The degree of severity ranges from mild cases without symptoms or with mild symptoms, to advanced cases where the cartilage is totally damaged. In very severe cases the bone rubs on bone, damaging the articulating bones even more, resulting in excruciatingly painful knee joints.
Causes along with Symptoms of Knee Osteoarthritis
Knee osteoarthritis was previously thought to be caused as the result of normal 'wear and also tear' and also was attributable to old age. Recent studies however, have shown that normal activity is not the precursor of knee osteoarthritis. In fact the cause of cartilage deterioration is not definitively known. Interestingly enough, quite a few studies have stated that the deterioration of the articular cartilage can in fact be related to certain enzymes.
The typical symptoms include stiffness in the knee joint, limitation in range of motion, generalized lethargy of the knee and also painful knee joints, especially when climbing up and down stairs. Moreover, the knee can also lose proper alignment. Sometimes, the knee joint could be swollen, though it will not necessarily get red or hot. The more advanced cases would result in the deformity of the joint, causing it to seperate from proper alignment of the joint.
Middle aged individuals with a mild case of knee osteoarthritis tend to reduce their level of activity for fear that it could aggravate the condition as the disease progresses, along with also because they fear it may worsen the painful knee joints. Unfortunately, this results in the weakening of the muscles that support the knee as well as will sometimes add even more stress on the knee joint.
Knee Braces as Treatment Option
Knee braces can be a very effective treatment option for managing painful knee joints. It will sometimes also be used as a complimentary regimen to a primary treatment procedure. One of the best features of a knee brace is its ability to provide functionality, additional support and also pain relief for patients diagnosed with knee osteoarthritis.
Usually, the knee brace is most appropriate for patients who are have cartilage loss in one component of the knee (aka unicompartmental knee osteoarthritis)
Unicompartmental knee osteoarthritis means that the symptoms are primarily located on the medial or lateral aspect of the knee. - Unloader braces do exactly what the name would suggest -- it can benefit unload stress from the affected side of your knee joint.
There are a large number of types of supports that can fit the needs of someone with painful knee joints. An OA unloader knee brace is a custom fit type of brace that relieves painful knee joints and also assists to maintain proper alignment. These supports should not be overlooked, and a number of people have even referred to them as their "pain pill" due to the reduction of discomfort they receive when using them.